By Huaguang Zhang, Derong Liu, Yanhong Luo, Ding Wang
There are many tools of solid controller layout for nonlinear structures. In looking to transcend the minimal requirement of balance, Adaptive Dynamic Programming in Discrete Time techniques the not easy subject of optimum keep an eye on for nonlinear structures utilizing the instruments of adaptive dynamic programming (ADP). the diversity of structures taken care of is vast; affine, switched, singularly perturbed and time-delay nonlinear platforms are mentioned as are the makes use of of neural networks and strategies of worth and coverage generation. The textual content positive aspects 3 major elements of ADP within which the equipment proposed for stabilization and for monitoring and video games enjoy the incorporation of optimum keep watch over tools:
• infinite-horizon keep an eye on for which the trouble of fixing partial differential Hamilton–Jacobi–Bellman equations without delay is triumph over, and facts only if the iterative worth functionality updating series converges to the infimum of all of the worth features acquired via admissible keep an eye on legislations sequences;
• finite-horizon keep watch over, carried out in discrete-time nonlinear structures displaying the reader how one can receive suboptimal keep an eye on strategies inside of a set variety of keep watch over steps and with effects extra simply utilized in genuine structures than these frequently received from infinite-horizon keep an eye on;
• nonlinear video games for which a couple of combined optimum guidelines are derived for fixing video games either whilst the saddle element doesn't exist, and, while it does, heading off the lifestyles stipulations of the saddle aspect.
Non-zero-sum video games are studied within the context of a unmarried community scheme within which guidelines are acquired making certain process balance and minimizing the person functionality functionality yielding a Nash equilibrium.
In order to make the insurance appropriate for the scholar in addition to for the specialist reader, Adaptive Dynamic Programming in Discrete Time:
• establishes the basic concept concerned in actual fact with each one bankruptcy dedicated to a sincerely identifiable keep watch over paradigm;
• demonstrates convergence proofs of the ADP algorithms to deepen knowing of the derivation of balance and convergence with the iterative computational tools used; and
• exhibits how ADP equipment could be placed to take advantage of either in simulation and in actual functions.
This textual content could be of substantial curiosity to researchers drawn to optimum keep an eye on and its purposes in operations examine, utilized arithmetic computational intelligence and engineering. Graduate scholars operating on top of things and operations examine also will locate the tips offered right here to be a resource of robust tools for furthering their study.
Read or Download Adaptive Dynamic Programming for Control: Algorithms and Stability PDF
Similar system theory books
A survey of the way engineering concepts from keep an eye on and platforms conception can be utilized to assist biologists comprehend the habit of mobile structures.
With many components of technological know-how achieving throughout their limitations and changing into an increasing number of interdisciplinary, scholars and researchers in those fields are faced with recommendations and instruments now not coated via their specific schooling. specially within the lifestyles- and neurosciences quantitative versions in response to nonlinear dynamics and intricate structures have gotten as often applied as conventional statistical research.
This e-book summarizes a community of interrelated principles which i've got constructed, on and off, over the last 8 or ten years. The underlying subject matter is the mental interaction of order and chaos. Or, to place it otherwise, the interaction of deduction and induction. i'm going to attempt to clarify the connection among logical, orderly, wakeful, rule-following cause and fluid, self organizing, habit-governed, subconscious, chaos-infused instinct.
- Reconfigurable Control of Nonlinear Dynamical Systems: A fault-hiding Approach
- Recursive Estimation and Time-Series Analysis: An Introduction
- Sliding modes after the first decade of the 21st century : state of the art
- Zustandsregelung verteilt-parametrischer Systeme
- Chaotic Logic
- Linear system theory
Extra info for Adaptive Dynamic Programming for Control: Algorithms and Stability
First, we start with an initial costate function λ0 (·) = 0. Then, for i = 0, 1, . . 45), we obtain the corresponding control law vi (x) as 1 vi (x(k)) = U¯ ϕ − (U¯ R)−1 g T (x(k))λi (x(k + 1)) . 46) 38 2 + = Optimal State Feedback Control for Discrete-Time Systems ∂vi (x(k)) ∂x(k) T T ∂x(k + 1) ∂vi (x(k)) ∂Vi (x(k + 1)) ∂x(k + 1) ∂ x T (k)Qx(k) + W (vi (x(k))) ∂x(k) + ∂vi (x(k)) ∂x(k) + + ∂ x T (k)Qx(k) + W (vi (x(k))) ∂vi (x(k)) T T ∂x(k + 1) ∂vi (x(k)) ∂x(k + 1) ∂x(k) T ∂Vi (x(k + 1)) ∂x(k + 1) ∂Vi (x(k + 1)) .
IEEE Trans Syst Man Cybern, Part B, Cybern 38(4):930–936 104. Yadav V, Padhi R, Balakrishnan SN (2007) Robust/optimal temperature profile control of a high-speed aerospace vehicle using neural networks. IEEE Trans Neural Netw 18(4):1115– 1128 105. Yang Q, Jagannathan S (2007) Online reinforcement learning neural network controller design for nanomanipulation. In: Proceedings of IEEE symposium on approximate dynamic programming and reinforcement learning, Honolulu, HI, pp 225–232 106. Yang L, Enns R, Wang YT, Si J (2003) Direct neural dynamic programming.
Define the optimal control pairs be (u, w) and (u, w) for upper and lower value function, respectively. 40) J (x) = J (x, u, w). 42) and If both J (x) and J (x) exist and we say that the optimal value function of the zero-sum differential games or the saddle point exists and the corresponding optimal control pair is denoted by (u∗ , w ∗ ). 5 Summary 19 As far as we know, traditional approaches in dealing with zero-sum differential games are to find the optimal solution or the saddle point of the games.